Hi flow Air Filter an unbiased review

Sunday, April 26, 2015

The factory fitted air filter was replaced with a Washable/Reusable High-Flow Filter (33-2936 similar to the one used on 175bhp Mini Cooper S) after the car had just clocked 50,000km even though according to the service schedule it was not due yet. I believed and was quite confident with the High-Flow filter because many tuners and car enthusiasts prefer this type of filter as well.


The main reason for me to choose this filter is because it comes with "one-million mile warranty" and it is designed/constructed to last forever - meaning I won`t have to spend money on the throw-away paper filters anymore. This filter still needs cleaning kit though, which comes with a spray cleaner and an aerosol oil.



For less than RM200 including shipping and handling cost, I got the filter within 10-working day (@ebay from the UK) and decided to install it by myself. The filter is pre-oiled and the installation was pretty easy as it is not as thick as the factory fitted filter.


Test run...
Honestly, I am not expecting huge performance gains and to tell the truth I noticed only a very slight improvement in acceleration and throttle_response at high engine rpm, which may be due to the new un-clogged filter. I can`t say exactly the actual gains but it is reasonable to estimate that there is only 2-4hp gain, which is theoretically what a typical high flow air filter would deliver - it is something that would not impress me with a "WOW!".

Overall, I am happy with the filter for some reasons. I hope everybody bought it for the right reason too.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment