Back to the Future

Friday, April 17, 2015

Today is the Future if I am a time traveller from the past. Let me imagine, I come here today to buy myPeugeot 308 THP and then travel back with the car to the time around the years when Saab Turbo 900 was first introduced. In the 80s it was my dream car which I could never ever afford one. Not to mention the lagendary "911"
At that time Saab Turbo 900 was considered as poor-mans Porsche. Saabs first-generation turbocharged engine produced 143 bhp and gave the car a top speed of nearly 200kph. Acceleration from 0 to 100 kph took around 9 seconds. Comparing specs similarity between 308THP and Saab Turbo 900 I asked myself "Am I dreaming or am I a time traveller?" - Just because I could not afford a Saab Turbo 900 at then I had to be a time traveler to buy an affordable car with similar power plant specs to carry back on-time to 1980s. Based on Einsteins Twin-Paradox Theory it could be...

Note: The 1979/80 Saab 900 was available in the following versions:
GL had the single-carb 99 hp/73.5 kW engine,
GLS had twin carburetors for 106 hp/79.5 kW,
EMS & GLE had fuel injection for 116 hp/87 kW,
900 Turbo produced 143 hp/107 kW.
[A five-speed transmission was introduced in the EMS and Turbo for 1980]

Bottom-line:
Dont take seriously on "Back to the Future" and "the Twin-Paradox Theory". What Im trying to tell is how to describe the performance of 308THP to a grandpa. I told my 73yrs old dad "308THP performs the same way as Saab Turbo 900 did".

I hoped I could convince my dad who was 44yrs old at the time Saab Turbo 900 was launched, he was driving mini 850 before upgraded to Peugeot 204 - I had just finished schooling at then - happy enough with a scrambler. he... hee..


|Home|Fuel Consumption|Performance|uncles DIY|Car Size Comparison|

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment